Stratasys is expanding its portfolio of supported materials on both the F900 and P3 DLP 3D printers. The addition of these new materials opens up even greater manufacturing possibilities and accelerates Stratasys’ the expansion of material options available in the marketplace.
Stratasys have announced two new validated materials for the F900 (Kimya PC-FR and FDM HIPS) as well as four new materials for the P3 DLP, including Somos WeatherX 100 and P3 Deflect 190 ESD.
New F900 Materials
Kimya PC-FR opens up possibilities for more manufacturing applications and enables the accelerated expansion of material options available in the marketplace.
To support the continued growth of the Stratasys F900, Stratasys has validated two new materials for the F900, as well as eight new colours for ULTEM, PC, and PC-ABS. The expanded material line creates more value on the platform by expanding Stratasys’ application space to offer a larger variety and bigger portfolio, whilst the new colours allow customers more flexibility and reduce post-processing costs.
The two new validated materials on the F900:
- Kimya PC-FR: A flame-resistant polycarbonate material that meets EN45545 requirements for rail applications and is specifically designed for end-use parts, including low-volume production and replacement parts.
- FDM HIPS: An affordable high-impact polystyrene-based material for low requirements applications.
The new OpenAM software, including an open material license, is also now available for the F900, enabling printing with exploratory open materials.
New P3 DLP Materials
Stratasys is reinforcing its P3 DLP platform for end-use production and manufacturing-grade prototyping with four new performance-grade materials for Origin One printers:
- Somos WeatherX 100*: For environmentally durable applications like vehicle interiors, motorcycle components and outdoor consumer products. It provides manufacturers more reliable testing data on material weatherability, durability and dimensional accuracy as it is tested with stringent SAE industry standards.
- Somos PerFORM HW*: For injection moulds or high stiffness fixtures that require rigidity. This is a ceramic-filled material that offers high abrasion and high-temperature resistance.
- P3 Deflect 190 ESD*: A specialty resin, developed with Henkel, that enables AM for jigs and fixtures in electronic and general manufacturing as well as tooling and housing Its properties include HDT (Heat Deflection Temperature) of 190°C, electrostatic dissipative properties (ESD), and high stiffness.
- P3 Stretch 80*: An elastomeric prototyping resin developed with Forward AM by BASF, for soft or flexible parts like seals, gaskets, grips and maskants. This material is an affordable addition to the existing elastomers, for users starting elastomer printing or seeking a replacement for traditional polyurethane or TPU.
*These materials will become commercially available late 2023 / early 2024.
Somos WeatherX 100 provides manufacturers more reliable testing data on material weatherability, durability and dimensional accuracy.